Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Official

I'm officially a Hoosier now. We went to the Secretary of State office yesterday ( here called the motor vehicle bureau or something like that ) and I recieved my Indiana drivers licence and new plates and registration. I could not believe how many people were in line when I got there, but the line was moving very quickly and we were in and out in about 55 minutes. I had to take a written drivers test (there are a few differences in Indiana law, a couple things I did not know so had to guess) but it went fine. We waited until the very last minute, my Michigan registration expired yesterday, on my birthday, so we had to have this done yesterday. I also got my wish for simplifying, and we converted to just one insurance plan since everything is now in Indiana except for my house we are selling. In Indiana, plates expire by last name, so now I have to remember July. Michiagan's birthday system was easier to remember.

We got all that done and I thought we were heading back home to pick up the boys for dinner, but Mike dirverted to the mall and we went to Kay Jewelry and he had me pick out a bracelet for my birthday gift from him and the boys. That done, we made it back home, the boys jumped in the car (they were waiting outside for us) and off we went to my favorite restaurant - The Essenhaus. YUMMMM!!

All in all it was a good day. Maybe getting older won't be so bad after all .......

No comments:

Post a Comment