Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Day in Paradise

I've always said that Pete has a hard time dealing with change in his life. When big changes happen, he acts out - being more naughty than my 10 year old normally is. I never realalized until now that he gets it from me! I tend to internalize until the dam breaks and I am an emotional wreck for a while. My life is all change right now: my grandfather will only be with us for a few more months, we are waiting on word from the insurance company on what will happen with our rental house, we have accepted an offer on my house and the buyer wants to close in 3 weeks, the week before the closing Mike is going to Puerto Rico on a mission trip with his church, the renter in our basement here is finally moving out today so we can get the boys into a bedroom downstairs and spread out a bit, we are waiting on the head of All American Group to get back with Mike on whether they want him to work in China, my nephew is having health problems and we are waiting on his next appointment to get some more information. It's no wonder that for the last 3 nights I have not been able to sleep. Last night I finally broke down and took a sleep aide - I hate the groggy feeling in the morning until it all wears off. Unfortunately we were up for half an hour today before the school called a 2 hour delay - I would have loved that extra 2 hours of sleep to let the meds wear off.

I did just spent a good day at the house we are selling packing things up and bringing a load back here. Pete's room is empty except for his dresser. Steve's is on the way. I need to call around to get prices on a U-haul for the weekend, hopefully moving most of the big stuff then. I am hopeful that the more progress I make toward this move, the emotional roller coaster will begin to slow down. Once the sale is done, it will be a great thing. Until then, bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment