Friday, July 19, 2013

What A Week

We wrapped up Bob-Fest with breakfast on Sunday morning.  By the time we cleaned up, sorted out the stuff that was to come back to our house and were ready to go, it was mid-afternoon.  I came home to begin checking Steven's suitcase to be sure he packed everything he needed for the Youth Rally in Seattle.  Monday morning Mike, Molly, and I got up at 3AM to have Steven to the airport at 5 to catch his plane.  Back home at 7 after dropping Mike off at work on the way home and Molly and I went back to bed for a while.  Then the fun began..... the car had been unloaded but NOTHING was taken care of.  Just how many Rubbermaid boxes and coolers had we TAKEN for Bob-Fest?   And the leftovers we brought home... let's just say I did not have to think about what was for lunch or dinner until Thursday. The unpacking and putting away took 2 days.....then we had to make sure the rest of the house was cleaned and ready for Thursday's social worker visit, it was time for the kids one year post-adoption home visit. By the time the kids and I finished the cleaning we had a half hour until her arrival.  Mike took an hour off work to spend some time home during the visit and the kids and I finished the visit.    Once she left, I was pooped and nothing had been started for dinner.  A call to Mike and it became "Date Night".  The kids stayed home and ate hot dogs and Mike and I went to Hacienda, Hobby Lobby, and then the hardware store.  Well, WE had a good time.  Back home before 9, because we were so tired and sadly, in bed before 10.  Today we get to relax a little - me getting ready for the craft projects I bought things for last night.  Mike has to work but tonight is a do-nothing night.  Tomorrow it begins again.  Steven's plane arrives about 8:45 PM, Sunday Mike leaves for the Coachmen rally- so Saturday will be doing laundry and packing for his time away, Monday Steven begins the first of two weeks of Band Camp.  School resumes in less than a month, so we need to fit school shopping in sometime soon.  I sure am glad I'm not working full time right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment