Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My New Nook

I can hear you all asking "Amy, What have you been doing this past week?"
Well, I am glad you asked.  My  big garage sale find was a sturdy, old, oak entertainment center in need of refinishing..... perfect since I wanted to paint it anyway.  My color scheme came from the six green storage boxes you see on the top left.  I painted the cabinet plus an old bookcase I had already a nice celery green.  Instead of painting the existing shelves and the 3 more shelves we cut and added, I covered them in fabric matching the celery paint- sage green on one side and an off white with rose colored flowers and sage leaves on the other side.  I love it!!  After the paint dried Mike helped me attach brackets to keep the book case from falling off and voi-la, my new Craft Nook.  I wish I had taken before pictures, I meant to, but on painting day I was so excited I forgot.  I found a great primer for shiny surfaces such as finished wood so I did not have to sand first- yeah!! I still need to paint the doors to the entertainment center part, but I looked in all my hidey-holes to round up all my craft supplies and now they are all together and organized!!!  Mason jars and other jars emptied as I cooked for the week have become a great organizational tool.  The Hobby Lobby gift card my sister gave me for a birthday gift has also come in handy for this project.  Yeah!!!
This past weekend I found another great garage sale item, a table the perfect size for the corner by the craft nook.  This will keep all but the large fabric cutting projects off the dinner table.  Now, can I keep everyone else off the craft table???  Next week I will also paint that in Celery Green with several coats of polyurethane on the top for protection.  And, based on a pinterest tip, my sewing scissors will both have a pad lock on the handles keeping children/husbands from using them to cut paper because they are now so handy!!!  See my white hexagon organizer caddy?  That was a birthday gift from the hubby.   Yes I have been planning this for that long!!!  I was just waiting to find the pieces of furniture I needed at the right price.   My patience finally paid off!!!  Once I get it completely done, I'll post the final picture.   Have I mentioned I LOVE my new craft nook???

No comments:

Post a Comment