Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's Official

Bob-Fest 2013 is officially over!!  Not that my dad's 70th birthday didn't deserve a big party.  But I am exhausted!!!!  Our 3 day celebration of everything Bob has been a year in the planning and the last month was crafts/ shopping/ and keeping my Mom sane as she was sitting on the couch following foot surgery and not able to get to doing the things she felt had to be done.  E-mail and phone calls flew between me, my mom, my sister, and a couple of mom's friends.... bouncing ideas off each other, clarifying instructions, and the party began taking on a life of it's own.  And just to add to the stress, this was all to be a surprise for  my dad.  The day before the party began, the port-a-potty people called to confirm delivery time and they were coming an hour early.  Ok, call to mom, get dad out of the house earlier than planned, 9 AM instead of 10.  We were driving most of the way, stopping at my Grandma's to wait for a call from my mom to tell us dad was gone and we could come down to begin decorating and setting up.  I called her a bit after 8:30 on my way up to remind her to have cash for the port-a-potty..... and she said to go ahead and come right to the house, the port-a-potty was early, dad knows there is a party, but not the details.  9 AM and dad goes out of the house for a "Guys Day" with one of his friends and we go to work.  Between my sis and myself we had TONS of decorations and games.  The Big Kids were a huge help, the husbands both took time off work to help, and Mom and her friend did lots of running.  We had beautiful weather and things came together.  5 PM saw guests begin to arrive and then dad got home.  We had dinner, a camp fire and a great time with their camping friends.  Saturday started with lunch with camping friends, then dinner added the family, a great slide show my sister's family put together, cake and ice cream and games.  This morning was breakfast to send the camping friends off.  Clean up went much faster than set up did, so we came home and while Molly went down for her nap, so did Mike and I.    Now I'm helping check Steven's suitcase- he leaves for camp tomorrow and we have to be up early for the airport.  Send prayers for my baby to fly alone to Seattle.  Now I'm exhausted and it's time to send the kids to bed.  I'm too tired to be witty tonight, so if anything didn't make sense, I will clarify it tomorrow.  Love you all, and Happy 70th Birthday, Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment