Thursday, February 18, 2010

Small Victories

I've had a very challenging week. My grandfather, one of the dearest men in the world has health problems. I recieved an unexpected bill. Our apartment house had 2 of the apartments vandalized. If bad things truely come in 3's, I'm done for a while. This morning I went to meet a friend for breakfast and noticed that I needed to get gas. Corner gas station (which is usually most expensive around here) had it for $2.49. I was heading up to Michigan, and figured it would be cheaper there. Nope - $2.59. HMMM to get gas on my way back to the house (Mike needed me to call him with some information when I got home) or wait until later (not sure when the insurance people would want us to meet them at the house). We could be in a hurry later so I stopped on the way home. I pulled in and began to fuel up. As I was standing there waiting (my car has a large gas tank) I was looking around and noticed the road sign now said $2.59!!! What the heck am I paying? Did they change the price as I pulled up? Nope, mine was pumping at $2.49. It's not much, but this week, a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment