Sunday, May 2, 2010

When A Cup is Not a Cup

I must admit that while we have been combining households, my "things" seem to be what we use, and many of his are ending up in the garage sale pile. He was a bachelor for seveal years, and a lot of his stuff is not a full set, or does not match anything. We are now a family of 4, and a lot of my stuff can accomidate that. A cup is not a cup when it threatens to begin a fight. Mike is a big tea drinker, hot tea, not iced tea, he drinks it almost every day. He opened the cupboard to get himself a mug and was upset because he could not find any of "his" mugs. They are nothing really special, most have business advertisements on them, but they are something of his still in use. "Where are all of my mugs, are they in the garage sale now too?" "No, honey, I don't know where they are, maybe the dishwasher?" Nope, not there, so I check the cupboard on my own, maybe he missed them, nope, not there. Ok, I will look around. Remember he was living here alone for several years... Here's one, on the nightstand where he had tea last night. Here are 3 in the office, around his desk. Oh, here's another, in the basement where he was working the other night. "Honey, I found your mugs." "Oh, sorry"

No comments:

Post a Comment