Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Early Riser

I have often thought that the child of mine who should go to school early was Pete. We have always had the rule that the boys are not allowed out of their bedrooms before 6 AM. Now for those of you who think "Why the heck would anyone want to be up that early, you must remember that on weekends, holidays, vactions, etc. it did not matter if there was school or not, they had to be up at 6 so I could get them off to babysitters or Link so I could go to work. On rare days they could sleep in, Steve would, but Pete was always up, often at 5:30 waiting to come out of his room and turn on cartoons at 6. So when last year Steve's grade started later than Pete's, I wished it was flip flopped since Pete is my early riser. Now that it is, and Pete goes first, I have to drag the boy out of bed every morning. I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment