Friday, January 22, 2010

Bus

My kids are city kids. Well, small town, but anyway..... they are not used to being picked up by the bus at our house. They did ride the bus before, but at a central bus stop where several kids got on at each stop. So this morning, Pete was a bit pokey (I know none of you can believe that) and instead of walking out the door at 7 AM as he was told he went out at 7:04. At 7:05 he was back at the door telling me he missed the bus. If he had those other kids waiting at the stop with him he would have been re-assured that he was in plenty of time. Now I don't know for sure what time the bus got here yesterday morning - it's still very dark at 7 and the driveway is long, but I know on Wed when they go a half hour later to school the bus got there about 20 minutes after the driver had told us to have him out and ready to go. So, I was fairlee (Hee,Hee) sure that we had a bit longer until it got here today. 2 minutes later he was back at the door saying he missed the bus. I informed him I had been watching out the window and he needed to get back down to the road before he really did miss the bus. HMMM 7:15 and here comes the bus. She even drives by first, turns around over the hill and comes back to get him. Steve is getting ready to go now. His bus comes and hour after Pete's. Just like in Sturgis, they go to school at different times. This time is flip flopped though and Pete goes first. They are still enjoying school and making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment