Monday, August 19, 2013

Sleep, I need sleep!

Have I told you all that school has started again?  As always, the week before school was filled with phone calls from all the bus drivers.  Yes all of them, since most of the time the one that picks them up for school is NOT the one who brings them home.  And the little kids go to school an hour earlier than the big kids.  And there are a gazillion new bus routes for saving gas money.   Blah, blah, Zach comes home at 3 again, blah, blah big boys go at 8 am again, home a bit later at 4:30, blah, blah WHAT???  Zach now goes to school at 10 minutes 'til 7???  That's 20 minutes earlier than last year.  Lets back track this....... bus comes at 6:50, must be out the door by 6:40, up by 5:30..... Holy Crap that's early!!!  So now Zach and I are getting up 45 minutes earlier than Mike and over an hour earlier than the big boys.  Oh, yes, did I forget to mention that also means Molly gets up earlier too, since when she hears us moving around she feels she must be up too so she does not miss anything?  And on weekends she is getting up earlier since that is when she is getting used to waking up.  I miss the summer when I could sleep  until 6:15 or 6:30 even - whenever Molly would hear Mike getting around for work and I had to get up with her.  AHHHH, the good old days !!!

Update:  I had to order it from Amazon, but I found the matching coat hook for under Molly's Command Center board (yeah, I was bummed when Lowes no longer carried them).  The Command Centers are working great... Zach comes home every day and puts his homework in his box- he has to stand on a stool to reach it, but he is so proud to put it in the correct place.  HHMMM, makes me wonder why he would never stand on his stool to hang up his coat before.......

I have also added a shoe shelf in the hall (one of those plain white ones with the cubby holes) to try to keep the shoes under control - try having 3 or so pair of size 12 shoes laying around the hall taking up tons of valuable space?  But then only being about to find one of them while getting ready to walk out the door because Molly is carrying it around the house.  Yeah, I know, like they could ever find their shoes before Molly came to live here either!!  Funny, both my tennis shoes will fit in the same slot, the boys can only get one shoe in each slot...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment