Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bathroom Remodel

 
So, here is the bathroom "Before" .  I "re-did" this bathroom first thing when we got married 4 years ago, I painted the blue walls tan, added a very "country quilt panel" curtain, and have bare walls and basic storage for the "BE" kids' supplies.  We did change to a larger vanity, because the other one was too small for the space and didn't have any storage.  I have been SO very unhappy with this room... plain, utilitarian, but I had no idea what to do in such a tiny bathroom.
Thanks to Pinterest, I came up with some ideas.  Much nicer than those over the toilet stands you see everywhere. I found these towels at Wal-Mart, the crates at Jo-Ann's (which first I stained dark and then put an "orange" wash over that.  Add the fancy brackets and two cute baskets and so much storage added I'm not even sure right now what to put in the bottom crate - other than Molly's "Potty" book.  The curtain was replaced with a roman shade, blue with a small flower that matches the towels.  I even bought a new toilet paper holder and towel ring in the bronze finish to match.

Oh, and that ugly Sterlite storage box - gone.  I used the left over fabric from the curtains to cover 2 card board boxes to hold the BE (bladder exstrophy) supplies, found this cute basket to mount on the wall and got the supplies out of the way.  I just need to find a couple of pictures to hang and it will be complete.  Unfortunately, the bathroom is too small to take pictures of those. (I'm standing in the hall to take these!)
Molly has given the bathroom her seal of approval - now maybe she will learn to go in the potty!! 
Or maybe not

No comments:

Post a Comment