Friday, June 14, 2013

Shopping With The Kids

Yesterday I decided to take my mom shopping, to get her out since she is still house bound after her foot surgery.  I brought Molly along and left the boys at home, figuring too many kids would only cause confusion and that would make for a bad day.  So I strapped Molly into her car seat and off I went.  Mom was waiting for me, so into the car for her and I put her knee walker into the back of my car.  Got to the first store and get Mom's stroller (she hated when I called it that! :)  ) out of the back of the car and take to her, back around to the driver's side to get Molly out of her car seat and into the store.  Get done, put Molly into her seat, put the bags in the back of the car, go around the car to get Mom's stroller, put it in the back of the car, get in and go.  Repeat, Repeat, Repeat......   Once when I had a car waiting on me to get done in the back of my car, I set Molly in her seat without buckling her until I was done unloading the cart and re-loading the stroller.  I then came back around to buckle Molly, only to find her trying to figure out how to buckle herself.  My smart girl!  Mom and I had to share a cart since she could not push a one and work her scooter.  I had a big item to put into the cart that would not fit with Molly sitting in the child seat, so I had to put the seat away and stand her up in the cart next to my items (no room for her to sit).  Now mind you, my safety baby likes to be buckled in the cart too- she always lets us know when she is in there and we did not do the seatbelt.  She started out leaning against the seat so she could watch where we were going.  Then, when she turned around to look at me, she noticed the seat belt.  she then started asking  me to buckle her while she was standing.  Oh, what the heck, it would work- she is the right height so it buckled around her chest.  She thought she was pretty hot stuff.  Of course, with Mom needing so much help it was like having 2 toddlers with me.  Maybe I should have brought the  boys with me, they could have helped to take care of grandma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment