Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Best Plasticware


As we are working on the rental house, I have been trying to cook meals there. Usually this involves the crock pot - a working mom's best friend. The other day I made a roast with potatoes and carrots. As I was checking for supplies, I noticed that we were out of plastic forks, and Mike wanted a spray bottle. Off I ran (OK, I drove) to the dollar store. When dinner was ready, I stuck the fork in the meat and used a plastic knife to cut it into pieces. As I served the meat, I immediately noticed that the fork was melting. OK, I had left it standing in the roast while I was serving the veggies. Bad idea. Everyone gets their meal and my best plasticware and now it's time to eat. As we are eating my family begins to complain about their forks melting. Apparently that dollar store plastic is not made for hot items!

No comments:

Post a Comment