Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fa La La La.......

Yesterday started out pretty sadly....... my kids have been breaking a few of my Corelle plates this year,  well, yesterday was my turn.  Someone left one on the floor next to a chair and I dropped something on it to SHATTER it into a gazillion pieces.  Luckily Molly was in the Exosaucer, so she was not in harms way as I muttered and cleaned up the glass.  Then it was time to get the top of the Christmas tree ready.  We have a 14 foot tree, and last night was going to be decorating with the kids,  I wanted to get the high stuff done so there wouldn't be any ladder accidents...... I dropped 2 glass ornaments from these heights...... and Molly said "Uh-Oh"  good thing she doesn't have many words, I'd hate her to repeat what I really said by the time I broke my third thing in one day. 

Last night Zach and Pete helped me finish the tree.  Steve and Mike did one ornament each and went up to the rental house to finish a few things.  I love my kids...... but they tend to put 3 ornaments on one branch and leave bare spots on the tree.  Last night after the hugs and "Great Job"'s, the kids went to bed and I went back to work fixing the tree ornaments.  Glad we don't do ice-cicles on the tree like my mom did when we were little.  I remember getting told all the time to put on one at a time, NO CLUMPS!  Haaaa.  I'd have tons of clumps if that was part of our family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment