Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Updates

I just checked back on my blog and the last time I made laundry soap was Aug 23, with a triple batch.  Today is Jan 15 and I am getting ready to make my next batch of soap.  If you recall it took me about $2 and 45 minutes to make my detergent, but now we see that it has lasted almost 5 months.  Definitely worth that 45 minutes.

I make the dishwasher detergent roughly once a month, taking just a couple of minutes, and most of that time is just getting out the ingredients.  I spend about $2 per batch, once a month to clean dishes for a family of 6.  Definitely worth it, although some have tried to convince me it is cheaper to buy a store brand detergent. 

The pets are still getting along famously.  They both LOVE having a playmate.  In fact this morning (as has happened on a few other occasions) the kitten was chasing the St. Newphie through the house!  Crazy animals!! 

We survived the big storm that came through, and it was a good thing we were stocked up.  We ended up snowed / iced in for 3 days.  Once they were able to clear the roads it was WAY too cold for the salt to melt the snow on the roads.  We got calls from our church on Sunday to let us know all services were cancelled.  The boys ended up with an extended Christmas vacation, finally going back on Thursday (with a 2 hour delay)!!  Mike had 2 days off of work due to the snow emergency we were under - nonemergency people were ticketed for being out on the roads.  Boy was I glad for the boys to get back to school.  I think Molly was glad to get back to her regular routines too.

No comments:

Post a Comment