Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's Divine Intervention

Last night Steven and Peter went outside after dinner to drive fence posts in the yard.  They were not out there very long when the boys come back inside.  Steven was driving the posts with the Slammer - and was on a roll getting his post into the ground- when on an up swing of the Slammer, he hit himself in the head with it.  OK, let momma look.... no blood, no goose egg....... this is the one time I am glad my boys are hard headed.  I gave him some ibuprofen and an ice pack and sent him off to bed. 

Steven- but what if I don't wake up in the morning because I have a concussion
Me- then I save on the grocery bill from now on... goodnight

So tonight the boys go out to drive in more fence posts with the Slammer.  I stepped outside to see how they were doing and Pete starts getting all snarky about his brother (as Steven is holding the post steady and Peter is doing the Slamming)

Pete- Hey, Mom, Captain Concussion here is afraid to touch the Slammer and drive in the poles (snicker, snicker, SLAM)

Up came the slammer, right into Pete's head!  He dropped the slammer and walked over to me telling me that his whole body was vibrating to his toes. 

Pete- Mom, it REALLY hurts!

Me- (after checking for blood and goose eggs) You know what that was, don't ya Pete?  That was God, getting you for making fun of your brother, by making you do the EXACT same thing he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment