Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Work

Last night, Handy Hubby built us a homework station in the dining area of our combination dining / living room. It's nothing fancy, a piece of counter top attatched to the wall in the corner with a leg to support the unattached side. The horror of this is that the boys can't see the TV from there - what mean, abusive, awful parents we are! I bought a rolling organization station to slide under this desk top - complete with purple (they didn't have pink) stapeler and battery pencil sharpener (girly colors so the boys don't walk away with them to disappear forever into the dark hole of the bedrooms). My laptop has found it's way to this counter since this year both boys are assigned homework to do on line as well as our regular handouts or assignements out of the book. 2 classes even have textbooks on line so if the kiddos don't bring home their book, we can still access the text for clarification - I am praying math has this same feature, as they NEVER remember to bring this book home and of course, we have to look up what we are supposed to be doing - 2 boys taking Pre-algebra this year who, unfortuanately, don't seem to be at the same place in the book and we are only a week into the year. Last night they both had on line home work. My dining room table has been full between my computer and the other things that always seem to land there when kids come home. As I type I am here at the homework station thinking this is pretty nice - I may have to look into hanging a shelf here too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment